About this role:
Reporting to the General Manager Corporate, the Accountant will prepare and contribute to financial planning, budgeting, risk management, cash flow analysis and management reporting and identify ways to manage costs efficiently in line with accounting principles and practices.
This role will provide support and oversight of the transactional accounting activities to ensure the efficient and effective management of Accounts Payable and Receivable and other activities impacting upon the financial performance and reporting of Australian Energy Producers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the financial accounts and general ledger system, and contributing to the budgeting process
- Establishing and maintaining effective financial controls and systems, including GL, reconciliations, internal charging, control and suspense accounts, period-end, and year-end processes
- Producing monthly financial management reports, advice, and analysis; and, assisting in preparation of Board reporting
- Preparing tax lodgements including the preparation of the Business Activity Statements.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of internal financial policies and procedures
- Supporting the internal and external audit function
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, accountancy, or related discipline.
- Membership of Australian Society of CPAs or Chartered Institute of Accountants, or working towards attaining CPA or equivalent membership
- Experience forecasting, budgeting, and analysing financials
- Experience with Xero or similar financial systems
- In-depth knowledge of, and skills using, computer-based office systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy, with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills allied to practical judgement
- Knowledge of financial reporting in a member organisation (Desirable)
We welcome your application in the form of a cover letter highlighting your experience and interest along with a detailed CV.
For enquiries, please contact [email protected]
1. Applications will be reviewed regularly so we encourage you not to delay your application.
2. The preferred applicant will be required to complete employment verification checks, including a national police check before progressing to any offer of employment.
View the advertisement on the Seek website.